Application Process & Resident Selection Criteria
The following information is designed to give you information about the application process and our resident selection criteria.
Before you begin
- All adult applicants 18 and older must submit a fully completed, dated, and signed rental
application and pay the application fee.
- You will need to create a pet profile as part of your application. Please follow the
directions in the application when asked to create your pet profile. Every applicant must
do this, even if you are applying in a group and if you do not have a pet.
- Shortly after paying for and submitting your application, you will be sent a link to upload
your income documentation to our third-party income verification service.
- No rental property will be held vacant for more than two (2) weeks - unless approved by
ES Property Management.
- Current occupancy standards are a maximum of 2 persons per bedroom, except for
infants under 4 years of age.
- All incomplete applications will not be processed.ental property will be held vacant for more than two (2) weeks, unless approved by ES Property Management.
If you decide to apply to rent one of our properties, there is a non-refundable application fee of $70 per adult that must be submitted with your application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
We use a third-party income verification service. They help detect fraud and allow us to better
verify an applicant’s income. After an application has been successfully submitted, we will send
you an email to upload your income documentation to our third-party income verification
The Application Process:
Upon receipt of your rental application and application fee, we will:
- Check your credit report; and
- Check the public records for any past interactions with the eviction process; and
- Verify your employment; and
- Verify your previous landlord references; and
- Do a criminal background check.
Resident Selection Criteria:
- Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three (3) times the monthly rent. Incomes must be verified in writing, applicant
may provide recent pay stubs. A minimum of two years residential history is required. Rental history must be rated satisfactory or better,
with no record of interactions with the eviction process. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit.
- Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain landlord judgments, eviction filings, landlord collections, or liens.
We will not provide you with the credit report or tell you of its contents; however, we will provide you with the name of the credit
reporting agency so you may receive a copy from the credit bureau.
- If you have bad credit, bad rental history references, been engaged in the eviction process in the past two years, or have within the last
7 years any felonies for illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance, felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional
damage or destruction of property for example, “arson”, you will either be declined or may be required to post an additional security
deposit as a part of your approval. In addition, Co-signers/Guarantors may be considered on an individual basis. Sexually related offenses
for any time period will be declined.
Security Deposit Determination
We use a risk-based deposit model. In some cases, we will ask for a higher deposit (up to 3 months' rent) depending on several factors detailed in our rental requirements. The security deposit will never be less than one and a half months' rent. To lessen the burden of a traditional security deposit, ES Property has partnered with Rhino, a security deposit alternative. For more information, please click, Rhino.
Credit Score Based Risk Mitigation Admin Fee
All lease transactions involve risk. Offering an approval based upon total credit score below a 700 comes with more inherent risk. We can offer approval even to tenants with very low credit as long as they can pay the additional fee associated with their credit scores to offset the risk involved. If there are co-applicants, there is only one Risk Mitigation fee per Lease.
Risk Mitigation Admin Fees for Applicants:
Average Credit Score (all Adults)…. Fee Due
750 — 850...............................................$ 0
700 — 745...............................................$ 100
650 — 699...............................................$200
600 – 649...............................................$300
580 – 599...............................................$400
300 – 579...............................................Declined
Note: any credit score under 580, (330-579) will be automatically declined due to bad credit. A
co-signer cannot assist an applicant with a credit score below 580. A co-signer can only assist if
an applicant has no credit. A credit score above 580 does not automatically guarantee
Common Denied Lease Approvals (not exhaustive):
- Incomplete Application. Applicants will have one week to provide all documentation and
information needed to process their application after submitting their application. If
there has been no communication during this week, the application will be denied.
- Previous rental history reports from current/previous landlords that reflect too many
late payments/NSF checks, lease violations, outstanding debt, or damage to the
property can result in a denial.
- No pets (with the exception of legally defined assistance or service animals) of any kind
are permitted without knowledge and approval by ES Property Management. The
following pets will not be accepted under any circumstances, WOLF DOG/WOLF
HYBRIDS, GERMAN SHEPHERD, DOBERMAN, PIT BULL, CHOW, PRESA CANARIO, AKITA,
MASTIFF/BULLMASTIFF, CAUCASIAN SHEPHERD DOG, CANE CORSO, GREAT DANE, OR
ROTTWEILLER. Dogs in excess of 75 pounds will need owner approval. If a pet is
authorized by ESPM, there will be an additional $500 added to your risk-based security
deposit, and a one-time $75 pet administrative fee per pet (max 2 pets).
- Once you have been notified of your approval and you have chosen to accept your offer,
you must send a written acceptance to us. You will then be sent a lease. You must sign
your lease and pay your Security Deposit and any Risk Mitigation Admin Fee, via
certified funds, within 48 business hours of your approval notification. Once approved
and these amounts paid, they are non-refundable. In the event that you fail to enter
into the lease agreement or refuse to take possession of the property on or before your
approved move-in date, you shall forfeit these funds as liquidated damages.
- The first month’s rent will also need to be paid via certified funds and must be paid 72
hours before your approved move-in date.
- If an applicant applies for a property not yet ready for an in-person viewing, the
applicant may waive viewing the property before applying. If an application accepts an
offer, prior to viewing the property, the applicant agrees the property is accepted “as
is.” Once a lease has been executed, the applicant waives the right to withdraw from
the lease due to the failure of the applicant to view the property for any reason and
assumes all risks associated with their failure to view the property.